Wednesday 21 September 2011

Chronicles of Xepher - Post 1

So haven't been very productive in the writing sense of late, but that doesn't mean i haven't had ideas or wanted to...it's just sitting down and setting time aside that has been the issue. Goes back to the motivation issue in the previous post. But since then have had a few thoughts that i have wanted to put down ranging from nostalgia (triggered by a reunion of sorts with school friends from 10yrs ago) to lady jiggles. Now the latter isn't as erotic as it sounds...for wont of a better word to describe it, its when you absent mindedly jiggle your leg up and down when you are preoccupied with something else for reasons unknown. I get told off by my mother and my lady partner for it as apparently it is not a good look, and in Chinese terms any fortune you may have had is shaken out. Anyway back on topic, yeah so thoughts on lady jiggles is that i didn't know they existed in the female of the species. Thinking it a predominantly male trait, i was surprised today to see a lady on the tube jiggling away which got me thinking as to whether this was a one off or that all ladies do it also just more discreetly. In retrospect this is a pretty inane thought to put down. Alas, my mind is cruel and only remembers the inane when it should remember the more interesting thoughts that disappear into the ether. Sometimes i wish i could have a mind impulse dicta-phone that types out all my thoughts...maybe i should invent that one day....actually wait...do they have one already?...What does Stephen Hawking use? Does he speak with thoughts or is it through tiny movements?

But that is neither here nor there and i have gone off on a tangent. Tonight i was meant to start writing up my "life in miniature" series that gave rise to this very blog. The aim was that i start documenting my trials and tribulations with me toy soldiers and how i got to where i am today. So what am i waiting for, without further a do, let us begin.

Chronicle 1

Now you may have thought i was going to start with GW stuff and "my first mini" and i wouldn't hold it against you, seeing as i've posted up some of my stuff already. However, like so many others, my love for such things started before i was even introduced to the GW world.
From an early age i had an affinity with all things small and detailed. not sure why.. (no chinaman manhood jokes please)...but i was drawn to things like match box cars, lego etc, but it was when i started getting toy soldiers that really sparked it. My first ones were some airfix Germans 1:72 scale my sister bought me when i was probably about 7ish. She had lovingly painted them for me with enamel paints using a toothpick. I loved them from the start, the amazing detail fitted in on those tiny bodies gave me much joy and I spent many a happy hour making "pew pew" noises and chucking them about. They survived pretty well albeit with chipped paint and i've never chucked them. Maybe lost a couple but they still remain in my stores. In fact i spent some of tonight locating them...





 But from then on there was no going back. Soon some Napoleonic Russians were added to my growing collection, coinciding with the introduction of "Sharpe" in my televisual diet. and despite the paint scheme they represented the "rifles" in my growing battles...

.....to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment